Here is what you do....

Grandpa wanted to create a place where we could jot down some new things that we have learned.....you can jot down as few or as many things as you would like! They can be funny, serious, meaningful, life lessons learned....ANYTHING. Have fun with it and please don't see this as a chore! Happy Learning!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

the humilty of great friends

So today I was eating my lunch in front of my computer like always, when I read this really awesome email from my roommate. It was a forward she had received from her friend but she added this really sweet message before it and sent it to 12 of her girlfriends like most forwards ask you to do. I was really grateful for her because she allowed the time to stop to pause to think and pray about the people in my life. I know that we're supposed to that anyway, but today it hit me a little differently. It's still so humbling that we spend our lives working and trying to leave our footprint behind. When really...the footprint is not in our actions, but in the hearts and lives of others. I don't know...it just kind of put things back into perspective for me :-) So, if you have a friend you haven't talked to in awhile or if you're thinking of someone just call them to tell them you're thinking of them. You never know how much that small action will change their day and attitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment