Here is what you do....

Grandpa wanted to create a place where we could jot down some new things that we have learned.....you can jot down as few or as many things as you would like! They can be funny, serious, meaningful, life lessons learned....ANYTHING. Have fun with it and please don't see this as a chore! Happy Learning!

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Rich Dad Poor Dad

I started reading this book called Rich Dad Poor Dad and it's about lessons a man learned about financial literacy from his friend's dad and his own dad. So far, I've learned a couple things:

1. We generally make financial decisions based on emotions such as fear and desire. At first glance you don't think this is true, but he says thats generally how people get stuck in the "rat race"

2. Rich people don't work for money. Rich people has money work for them.

3. Rich people always have their assets outweigh their liabilities and expenses

Sounds like simple little lessons, but learning to apply them and become more mature in my financial responsibility is the real test. I haven't finished the book, but I'll keep you posted on what else I learn :-)




1 comment:

  1. This is a god book. I know you will enjoy reading it. Another you might enjoy is Think and Grow Rich by Nepolian Hill. It is an old book but has good information. Most successful people I know have read the book.

    Nepolian Hill was also a speach writer for President Franklin Roosevelt. He is the writer that wrote the line in his speech, WE HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR BUT FEAR ITSELF.

    LOVE YOU

    GRANDPA

    ReplyDelete