Here is what you do....

Grandpa wanted to create a place where we could jot down some new things that we have learned.....you can jot down as few or as many things as you would like! They can be funny, serious, meaningful, life lessons learned....ANYTHING. Have fun with it and please don't see this as a chore! Happy Learning!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

In reference to your email, posted by Matt:

In reference to your email about how to make money with blogs, I found a very informative website: www.stevepalina.com

Basically this guy started a blog with the sole purpose of making money from it. And now it is his full time job making over $1000 a day in 2006. He writes blog posts that anyone and everyone might be interested in reading, mostly how-to's and such like "how-to train yourself to be an early bird".

The money comes from ads placed on the site and when people click them, he gets paid for it.

I set up some ads for my blog but I get far too little traffic to even make a penny so I am thinking of making a how-to blog and do write-ups (with photos) on the little (how-to) things I do every day.

Setting up the ads is more complicated than I thought but it seems there are also companies out there that will help you and take a cut of the profit. A big problem that ive encountered so far with the ads on my blog is that my competitors ads are showing up on my site, not cool! If your site gets enough traffic though you can target companies that might want to advertise on your blog, say like kitchen gadget ads for a cooking blog.

Anyways, I am still learning about this as there is a lot to learn.

---------

On a different more fun topic, check out this site showcasing the newest web technology: GE Augmented Reality

You must have a webcam to use it but VERY cool indeed! If you dont have a webcam click on the "see how it works" video on the left. It really works just like that, no kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment