Here is what you do....

Grandpa wanted to create a place where we could jot down some new things that we have learned.....you can jot down as few or as many things as you would like! They can be funny, serious, meaningful, life lessons learned....ANYTHING. Have fun with it and please don't see this as a chore! Happy Learning!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Carpet or rug?

I learned that you can have a rug made from a carpet. Just find the carpet you like and have the piece cut. You then have it bound for a couple a dollars a foot and you have a rug!

I learned not to listen to Sandy or her memory. Why would I ever do this? How many times are we sitting somewhere and one of us in the family can't remember the word we were saying or what we were talking about?

Here is my story. I am at Zander's basketball game with Sandy and my teammate Kim Miller in front of me with her family. The rest of the player's family are to the side of us. Since Zander is on a new team with Wood kids I don't have a clue who any of them are. As they make a play I ask Sandy and yell out their name with many positive accolades about their accomplishment. Example, "GREAT JOB DAVID! WAY TO BE A TEAM PLAYER DAVID! GREAT DEFENCE DAVID!" David's dad is the closest to me so I am trying to be impressive and positive. Kim Miller (teammate in front of me) learns the names from me also since they are new to the team, also, yells the names once she learns them from me. (She is yelling for David also)



As we were sitting with 3:32 left in the GAME Sandy says, "oopsey, huppey, I don't think it is David, I think his name is Scott" "David I think is the father" Yes, that is right, I taught his father David.



Thanks Sandy!

1 comment:

  1. Names have been changed because I can't really remember what Mom said!
    That sounds like a similar story that Mom was telling me about when she asked Sandy about some potential home renters. Hmmm....after it went sour and the renters refused to pay, Mom said to Sandy,"I thought you said the Posts were a good family." Sandy replied: "Posts! Oh my gosh! I thought you said "Poagues"! The Posts are AWFUL!" Hmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete