Here is what you do....

Grandpa wanted to create a place where we could jot down some new things that we have learned.....you can jot down as few or as many things as you would like! They can be funny, serious, meaningful, life lessons learned....ANYTHING. Have fun with it and please don't see this as a chore! Happy Learning!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Mario Andretti, OJ Simpson, Snicker Bars (By Diane)

Ok, I had a meeting with the window treatment guy today. I can honestly say, I don’t remember setting a time but I DO remember “Saturday”

This tale reminds me a little of the time Mom and I were suppose to take Dad his briefcase to the airport. Don’t remember exactly why, but we were not in the least bit of a hurry. In fact, I remember us stopping at the Albertsons as we were both hankering for a snickers bar. And off again towards the airport. We had ALL the time in the world!! We were enjoying our snickers and moseying down the airport freeway laughing and having a great time. We were even going to stop for lunch, after all... the snickers was only to tie us over. For some reason we decided to take Dad his briefcase first. Thank Goodness!! As we rounded the curve and pulled into the terminal…. there was Dad standing on the curb, actually, one foot on the curb one on the street, waving us on like HURRY!!!!!!! Mom GUNNED IT LIKE MARIO ANDRETTI, then screeched to a smoking stop!! Dad grabbed the briefcase and then did the OJ Simpson up the escalator and out of sight. Mom turned to me as the car was still smoking…. SCHEESE!!! Had he told us he was in a hurry we would of moved a little faster!!! (not to mention she was still munching on her snicker bar!)

My point is… The shutter guy was sitting outside my house when I pulled up after leaving the grocery store. My mind instantly recalled moseying down the isles like I had all the time in the world. I even stood in line for a starbucks and contemplated running in Pier One to check out the sales. The only reason I didn’t was I had Max and Bubba with me and they already ate a baggy which held 2 small door knobs they had mistaken for food.

Like Mom, I screeched in the driveway and was out of the car barly before I could put it in park. I was apologizing all over the place (as it was COLD!) at the same time I opened the back of the car to let Max and Bubba out. Not only did they jump out but the 12 pack of Dr Pepper fell to the cement and all 12 cans started rolling down the street. Max and Bubba running after the cans. I handed this man my keys and said…. Go in and get started, I’ll be right there!! I’m usually not this frazzled, I told him.

Ok… Here is what I learned. VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE LIKE US! The man actually did what I asked. He took my keys and went in to measure windows. Now, wouldn’t you think most people would have helped you pick up the Dr Pepper? Even Max and Bubba were making an effort!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment