Here is what you do....

Grandpa wanted to create a place where we could jot down some new things that we have learned.....you can jot down as few or as many things as you would like! They can be funny, serious, meaningful, life lessons learned....ANYTHING. Have fun with it and please don't see this as a chore! Happy Learning!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Gift Bags, Ribbons, Bows, and Tissue Paper

Yesterday I bought a rug. It was a little pricey, but I always justify those things as a "one time purchase" ....then I start to rationalize in my head why it's not so bad. Christmas Money!!! Mike's Mom gave Mike and me some Christmas money and there you have it. The rug was for Christmas. No guilt or anything. Mike agreed which made the purchase even better. The rug was getting prettier by the minute. Then Mike said... “By the way, what did you do with the xmas money?” We should deposit it and pay off the rug right away.... hmmmm. I told him, "I thought you had it!." "No, it was in a gift bag, what did you do with the gift bag?” Well, the ONLY thing I remember about the gift bag was..."should I save the bag? The ribbon? The bow? Maybe the tissue paper? And then I trashed it all. Suddenly, the rug didn't look so pretty. The tag on the rug was already cut off.. And I kept thinking... I wonder how you would get the tag back on, without the little plastic thing. :( Finally, Mike yelled from the other room that he found it. He found the envelope with the rug money. (In his office drawer)

I learned to pay very close attention to trashing gift bags cause you NEVER KNOW! I also learned not to cut off the tag until the purchase is final, and I learned that my rug was ALWAYS beautiful… even if I had to return it.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like something I would do! I am so glad he found it! I walked around all day yesterday with my pants on backwards...you read it right...BACKWARDS. No wonder they were uncomfortable! Why didn't Jeremy even notice?! There is no doubt we are related!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funniest part about this whole post is I was imagining the whole conversation in my head and laughed hysterically. I imagined Dad's eyes getting big as if he's think "oh my god!" and you're sitting across the room going "well mike, i would think you would do something with money besides leave it in a bag!" THEN I can just see dad breathing the biggest sigh of relief when he found the money...haha!! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, you nailed it... almost. It was more like.. "WHY IN THE HELL WOULD YOU LEAVE CASH IN A GIFT BAG!!!" but for the most part... You nailed it!

    ReplyDelete