I learned that learning from your mistakes is a good thing. Remember my post about the movers? “I learned that when the movers said "we will be back tomorrow to finish up” DO NOT PAY THEM until tomorrow.”
Well, my “painters” are almost through but have a few … I think they called it “tie ends” or something like that. This is when they still have to touch up places where the wall meets the ceiling.
The initial plan was pay ½ at start and the remainder when completed. They were also supposed to be done today, but it seems I have to go one more weekend living out of boxes. All in all, they did (are doing) a great job. As the day was winding down, it was obvious they were not going to finish today, however, they asked if I would mind paying them because they had bills they needed to pay. Remembering what “I learned” with the movers… I only paid them ½ of the remaining balance. HEY!!! It’s better than all of it!! I said I learned something… but that doesn’t mean I’m not still learning!! Besides this, I did witness 2 very, very, hard working kids over the last couple days. Girlfriend (AKA Business manager) was a little weird, but the boys were hard working.
Oh, by the way… would you think it is a little weird if girlfriend kept texting you at work and asked if she could have a brownie??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment