Here is what you do....

Grandpa wanted to create a place where we could jot down some new things that we have learned.....you can jot down as few or as many things as you would like! They can be funny, serious, meaningful, life lessons learned....ANYTHING. Have fun with it and please don't see this as a chore! Happy Learning!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

What Diane learned about moving....

Never close on a house on December 18th.

Geese, in the pond next to our (new) house, are not friends of Boston Terrier Puppies. The cable man? Now that's a whole different story.

You DON'T HAVE to unpack everything in one night, but you DO have to have everything packed before you move.

I learned that the "LAST TRIP" to the old house is never ever the "last trip"... or 2nd last... or third last.... In fact, I have one "last" trip to go.

I learned that when the movers said "we will be back tomorrow to finish up” DO NOT PAY THEM until tomorrow. (Hence….reason for all the "last trips"!!)

I learned when you pick out paint colors for the walls... PAY THE UPGRADE TO HAVE THE COLOR YOU WANT. Hiring a painter afterwards is much, much more expensive.

I learned that the pitter, patter in the attic is probably a possum…. Hmmmm. Did I mention that possums ARE our friends?

And I learned (from Mom AKA Grandma) on moving day, always set-up and make the bed (with clean sheets) very first thing.

And the most important thing I learned....when your family continuously asks what they can do to help.... GIVE THEM SOMETHING!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your last comment is the most important...hence the hit roof from the UHaul truck that I did not need any help with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, So we have a "pack" now... no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete